What is mlvpn¶
mlvpn is a piece of software, similar to OpenVPN, which can create a network tunnel between two computers.
mlvpn encapsulates network packets, using UDP and send them encrypted over the internet to another location.
The primary use of mlvpn is to create bonded/aggregated network links in order to benefit from the bandwidth of multiple links.
Still, mlvpn can be used as a regular secure tunnel daemon, capable of handling failover scenarios.
- Bandwidth aggregation of multiple internet connections
- Automatic failover, without changing IP addresses or interrupting TCP connections in case of a failure
- Encrypt and authenticate connections using libsodium.
- Hot configuration reload (by signaling SIGHUP)
- Scriptable monitoring
- Remote monitoring through UNIX socket or TCP/HTTP socket. (JSON API)